Search ENP
Powered by Blogger.
ENP Home
Posts By Category
Posts By Location
Posts By Date
-
►
2015
(3740)
- December (259)
- November (308)
- October (338)
- September (345)
- August (221)
- July (277)
- June (360)
- May (299)
- April (263)
- March (379)
- February (289)
- January (402)
Upcoming Events
Showing posts with label bomb threat. Show all posts
Showing posts with label bomb threat. Show all posts
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
12:01 AM
| | Edit Post
ENP STAFF REPORTS
news@eastniagarapost.com
A report of a grenade shut down a Lockport business and major intersection this evening.
Lockport Police responded to Walnut and Locust streets around 9:30 p.m. in response to a call that there was a live grenade -- or grenades -- inside Toys from Lo, a used toy store on Locust Street near Walnut.
While reports differ on what police actually found, and LPD has yet to release a statement on the incident, the owner of the store said that the incident stemmed from a purchase he had made earlier in the day.
Store owner Josh Lopez posted publicly on his personal Facebook page that he had purchased a remote controlled car from a kid, which turned out to be broken. When he asked for his money back, the kid called police saying he had a bomb in the store.
Police re-opened the intersection shortly before 11 p.m.
Check out East Niagara Post videos on YouTube, Vine and Periscope.
news@eastniagarapost.com
A report of a grenade shut down a Lockport business and major intersection this evening.
Lockport Police responded to Walnut and Locust streets around 9:30 p.m. in response to a call that there was a live grenade -- or grenades -- inside Toys from Lo, a used toy store on Locust Street near Walnut.
While reports differ on what police actually found, and LPD has yet to release a statement on the incident, the owner of the store said that the incident stemmed from a purchase he had made earlier in the day.
Store owner Josh Lopez posted publicly on his personal Facebook page that he had purchased a remote controlled car from a kid, which turned out to be broken. When he asked for his money back, the kid called police saying he had a bomb in the store.
Police re-opened the intersection shortly before 11 p.m.
Check out East Niagara Post videos on YouTube, Vine and Periscope.
Labels:bomb threat,Crime,LPD,News,Toys from the Lo | 0
comments
Friday, December 11, 2015
2:57 PM
| | Edit Post
By +Scott Leffler
scott.leffler@eastniagarapost.com

According to LPD, a bomb threat came in to the county court system by telephone at 1:35 p.m., saying "There's a bomb in the building. Get everyone out."
The building was immediately evacuated.
Bomb sniffing dogs from multiple agencies searched the Hawley Street building. Lockport firefighters checked the cars in the parking lot. Drivers were eventually cleared to retrieve their vehicles but county employees were not permitted to return into the building.
The building has only one public entrance during business hours guarded by a metal detector and armed guards. Some county employees, however, are permitted access to the building without passing through the metal detector.
Police decided to keep the building closed until 5 p.m. -- and essentially closed to the public until Monday -- as a precaution, despite finding no evidence of a bomb.
Check out East Niagara Post videos on YouTube, Vine and Periscope.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
3:44 PM
| | Edit Post
ENP STAFF REPORTS
news@eastniagarapost.com
NEWFANE — A telemarketer who called a Newfane man Monday night ended up talking with a Niagara County Sheriff's deputy — and threatening to bomb the Niagara County Sheriff's Office.
The telemarketer had called the Karen Avenue man around 7:41 p.m. The call was taken by the man's caregiver, who felt the caller was trying to scam her. She ended up handing the phone to Niagara County Sheriff's Deputy Patrick Tighe, who spoke with the male on the phone.
"Patrol identified myself to the male as Deputy Tighe, from the Niagara County Sheriff's Office. The male spoke with an Arabic accent and was very hard to understand," the NCSO report states. "The male refused to identify himself. Patrol advised the male to refrain from contacting the complainant any further."
The only information gathered from the suspect was the name of his company, "American Cash Prize," out of California.
Several minutes after finishing the complaint, Dispatcher Walker advised patrol that the male with the Arabic accent called the Niagara County Communication Center. She said the male threatened to bomb the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, along with Dispatcher Walker's house and Deputy Tighe's house. The male made several other disturbing remarks to Dispatcher Walker, according to the report.
The phone number which the male called from is unknown.
Get the daily East Niagara Post email update.
Send an email to news@eastniagarapost.com with "email update" in the subject line.
news@eastniagarapost.com
NEWFANE — A telemarketer who called a Newfane man Monday night ended up talking with a Niagara County Sheriff's deputy — and threatening to bomb the Niagara County Sheriff's Office.
The telemarketer had called the Karen Avenue man around 7:41 p.m. The call was taken by the man's caregiver, who felt the caller was trying to scam her. She ended up handing the phone to Niagara County Sheriff's Deputy Patrick Tighe, who spoke with the male on the phone.
"Patrol identified myself to the male as Deputy Tighe, from the Niagara County Sheriff's Office. The male spoke with an Arabic accent and was very hard to understand," the NCSO report states. "The male refused to identify himself. Patrol advised the male to refrain from contacting the complainant any further."
The only information gathered from the suspect was the name of his company, "American Cash Prize," out of California.
Several minutes after finishing the complaint, Dispatcher Walker advised patrol that the male with the Arabic accent called the Niagara County Communication Center. She said the male threatened to bomb the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, along with Dispatcher Walker's house and Deputy Tighe's house. The male made several other disturbing remarks to Dispatcher Walker, according to the report.
The phone number which the male called from is unknown.
Send an email to news@eastniagarapost.com with "email update" in the subject line.
Labels:bomb threat,Crime,NCSO,Newfane | 1 comments
Saturday, August 23, 2014
8:29 AM
| | Edit Post
ENP STAFF REPORTS
news@eastniagarapost.com
TOWN OF LOCKPORT — An unidentified man left a Maplewood Drive woman a voicemail Friday night saying there was a bomb in her home.
According to a report by the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, the woman received phone calls from an out-of-state number at 12:43, 1:35, 2:38 and 7:02 p.m. Because she didn't recognize the phone number, however, she didn't answer it.
After the last call, she received a voice mail stating: "You should have answered my phone, I was about to tell you about that there is a bomb located in your house and I was going to tell you how to defuse it."
The woman then called the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, which did not find a bomb. They also said the phone number has been linked to other harassment claims where "several people receiving similar calls from a male with an Indian accent where the person calling was trying to get people to sign up for a government loan that only cost $3.87 for the processing."
NCSO said they will make periodic checks of the residence.
Get the daily East Niagara Post email update.
Send an email to news@eastniagarapost.com with "email update" in the subject line.
news@eastniagarapost.com
TOWN OF LOCKPORT — An unidentified man left a Maplewood Drive woman a voicemail Friday night saying there was a bomb in her home.
According to a report by the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, the woman received phone calls from an out-of-state number at 12:43, 1:35, 2:38 and 7:02 p.m. Because she didn't recognize the phone number, however, she didn't answer it.
After the last call, she received a voice mail stating: "You should have answered my phone, I was about to tell you about that there is a bomb located in your house and I was going to tell you how to defuse it."
The woman then called the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, which did not find a bomb. They also said the phone number has been linked to other harassment claims where "several people receiving similar calls from a male with an Indian accent where the person calling was trying to get people to sign up for a government loan that only cost $3.87 for the processing."
NCSO said they will make periodic checks of the residence.
Send an email to news@eastniagarapost.com with "email update" in the subject line.
Labels:bomb threat,Crime,Harassment,NCSO,Town of Lockport | 0
comments
Subscribe to:
Posts
(Atom)