Search ENP

Powered by Blogger.

Weather

Social Connect


Get it on Google Play

Follow by Email

Upcoming Events

February, 2016:

Friday, February 20

ART247 Black and White Exhibition


March, 2016:



Advertise Your Event on ENP!
More info here

Wednesday, March 30, 2016
ENP STAFF REPORTS
news@eastniagarapost.com


A fire in the basement of a Church Street home was extinguished by the Lockport Fire Department before it spread to the rest of the home.

According to LFD Chief Pat Brady, firefighters arrived on scene at 93 Church Street at 5:31 p.m., extinguishing the fire and wrapping up by 6:01 p.m.

Seven on-duty firefighters and Chief Brady reported to the scene with Engines 7 and 8, finding smoke coming from the front door area of house. The residents of the home had all safely evacuated
the residence prior to the fire department’s arrival.

Firefighters advanced a hose line in through the front door and then down into the smoke filled basement, where the family’s clothes dryer was found to be in flames. The fire was quickly extinguished with 25 gallons of water.  Firefighters checked the rest of the basement to make sure the fire had been contained inside the clothes dryer and had not extended anywhere else inside the residence.

The clothes dryer was removed from the basement and fire department personnel cleared the home of smoke. The clothes dryer, valued at $750, was listed as a total loss with very minor water and smoke damage noted inside the residence.



Check out East Niagara Post videos on YouTube, Vine and Periscope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Your comment will be reviewed for approval before being made public.