Search ENP

Powered by Blogger.


Social Connect

Get it on Google Play

Upcoming Events

February, 2016:

Friday, February 20

ART247 Black and White Exhibition

March, 2016:

Advertise Your Event on ENP!
More info here

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

GASPORT — About $10,000 damage was done to a Wheeler Road home thanks to a kitchen fire Monday evening.

According to a report from the Niagara County Sheriff's Office, the homeowner was cooking chicken on the stove. She had walked into another room and when she returned, the pan with the chicken in it was smoking. She removed the lid from the pan and the fire started billowing from the pan.

The woman said her husband went to their barn to get a fire extinguisher and extinguished the fire. There was damage done to the stove, microwave that sat next to the stove, kitchen cabinets, and surrounding drywall, but it was contained.

Get the daily East Niagara Post email update.
Send an email to with "email update" in the subject line.


Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Your comment will be reviewed for approval before being made public.